Grinds My Gears: Providers Mass Emailing

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You know what really grinds my gears? When a provider emails to let you know they'll be in your area, and you get all excited to reply after seeing terms of endearment like 'handsome' or 'baby.' But then, when you go to respond, you notice 50+ other recipients in the email. What the fuck!

There's only one time when I expect to see that many people in the recipient box from a provider – when they're sending out a newsletter about their tour schedule. Any other time, it can be confusing for clients, making them think the provider is addressing them individually. Any other time a provider sends out an email, some clients, if not all, can easily get the wrong idea that the provider is talking directly to them, but usually, there's a plethora of other clients. Now, some of you are probably thinking, 'There's no client that gullible.' For that, I say, 'We were all newbies once when we started out.'

While I understand it helps providers reach a broad clientele efficiently, there's something to be said for the ones who personalize their messages. I'm not telling providers how to do their job, but something can be said for the providers who actually mention you by name when they email, text, or talk to you in general.

In my years in this hobby, only a handful of providers have mentioned me by name, and even fewer during conversation. Experiencing a provider remembering and mentioning my name shows a level of affection and familiarity that keeps me coming back. It's a small detail, but it makes the experience more meaningful.

I acknowledge providers deal with a large number of clients, and remembering names might be challenging. Still, I believe it's worth considering if a provider wants to leave a lasting impression.

Back