Grind My Gears: No AA Policy

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You know what really grinds my gears? When a provider either puts up "No AA Policy." I've been pretty vocal about this, both on and off forums, to the extent that I've let providers know how much I dislike such a policy. I understand the policy is put to not have providers waste their time steering AA clients away to not waste their time. Fuck that!

For those unfamiliar, a No AA Policy is typically found on a provider's site or ad, indicating that they do not see African American men. Over time, it has expanded to include LatinX, Indian, and basically anyone with a skin tone significantly darker than white.

This kind of policy is just plain discriminatory and goes against the principles of equal treatment and fairness. It's worth noting that such policies are not just unethical but can also be illegal in many jurisdictions. I know it might sound a bit ironic talking about laws in a hobby where most activities are quite illegal, but it's frustrating that common-sense considerations like this aren't taken seriously.

I get the reasons behind some providers having this policy. They might have had bad experiences with men of color or bought into the stereotypes perpetuated by the media. People have different life experiences. However, to come across that policy on a provider's website can't help but feel like a "No Colored Allowed" sign from a black man's perspective. Granted, I've only seen this once or twice in my lifetime, but seeing it in a hobby I love just hits differently.

Let me be clear—I understand that the policy is there for various reasons, with the top priority being the provider's safety. Nothing is more important than that. A provider has the right to have a No AA Policy for whatever reason, but not acknowledging the inherent racism in it is just plain foolish. I know everyone will have their two cents and their opinions on this matter.

Back