Summer is Coming....

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's right—summer is approaching. For some, it's a time to relax in the sun and enjoy some free time before life picks up again. For us, it's a time of wondering when our provider will return from vacation.

It's easy to forget that our providers are human too, and they need time for themselves. While the weather is lovely during those three long months, it's no coincidence that many providers choose to go on vacation around this time. What many of us may not realize is that these providers may be touring or enjoying "Fly Me To You" arrangements with their benefactors, who can afford to pay for their time. We simply reap the benefits of these arrangements.

Who exactly is the benefactor? The benefactor could be the high-powered lawyer who squeezes in time between meetings to meet his provider in a hotel just a block away from his office. Or perhaps it's the doctor who claims to be working late but is actually out to dinner with his provider, ensuring she takes the right angles when photographing her food. The benefactor might even be the politician who sends his provider $1,000 just so she'll choose the dress he wants from the store. Essentially, the benefactor is the wealthy individual who foots the bill for the provider to be in town for us to see.

How does this relate to summer? Well, the benefactor often has work to fall back on when in need of an excuse. Without work, there's no excuse to slip away and see their provider. So, the benefactor finds himself stuck with his wife and kids, engaging in family activities. Consequently, the provider does what she can—either work in her home base location or actually go on vacation.

While a provider could tour on her own dime, the amount of money she'd spend has to be worth it for the city she's visiting. Unless she's certain she'll profit from the tour, there's little incentive. Don't believe me? Just wait and see how slow the hobby gets toward the end of June—it'll seem like every provider found religion or something.

The best thing you can do is see your provider now or schedule a date for when she's back in your city after the summer. Alternatively, you could do what I'm planning to do again this year: sponsor a tour. It's a way to give back to your city and the hobby alike.

Back