Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FxZ2DsdakAAzB71.jpgThis topic came up in one of my circles, and let me tell you, everyone had their own opinions on it. So naturally, I had to bring it up on EA. A few days back, a provider tweeted a screenshot of a conversation she had with a client. It was pretty obvious from the text that the client didn't fully pay for the time he spent with the provider and had no intention of doing so. And guess what? The provider straight up called it rape. I mean, that just blew my mind in so many ways. But as I looked at it from different angles and heard others' perspectives, things started to make more sense.

To really get a grip on this, let's dive into the true definition of rape. So, rape is a serious crime that involves engaging in sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration without the consent of the other person involved. It is an act of sexual violence and a violation of a person's autonomy and bodily integrity. Rape can occur between people who know each other, such as acquaintances, friends, or partners, as well as between strangers.

At first, I thought labeling it as rape was a bit extreme considering the context of what we all do. Now, don't get me wrong—I'm not trying to undermine the experiences of this woman or play the blame game here. But given what rape traditionally means and how our "hobby" operates, some might argue that this doesn't fit the bill. That's what I used to think until I started hearing different perspectives. It turns out, rape has taken on a whole new meaning, where certain actions, even if not physically violent, can still be considered rape. Honestly, I'm totally lost when it comes to what counts as rape these days. I grew up thinking that if you forcibly have sex with someone against their will, that's rape, end of story. But now, apparently, even if you deceive someone into having sex by promising something in return, it can be considered rape. I don't fully get it, but I can kinda see where the provider is coming from.