For the Traveling Client/Companion (ETIAS)

king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
2024 is going to be an interesting time for clients and providers alike traveling to go ole Europe. It seems that Europe wants more security when traveling to their country nothing wrong with that, but when clients and especially international providers are traveling it'll be a little difficult.

The European Union is implementing European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS). Basically this is a system to make it so that people who travel to Europe visa free will have to answer certain questions about there trip to the country. The questions won't be anything out of the ordinary perse. It's be the usual questions asked when you go through to have your passport stamped with a little extra added.

The process is very simple and and could take close to no time at all. You'll fell out an ETIAS answering the questions they have the best of your abilities, once you're done its possible you'll get the green light to visit the country right then and there. Now, if you don't get the green after the applications is filled you'll most likely being waiting up to 96 hours until you get an answer. Whatever you may have put down will need some extensive looking over and possibly investigating. Though I don't think it'll be something to worry about.

Many people are freaking out about ETIAS since it's another criteria that needs to be checked before making travel arrangements, but for a civilian this isn't something to really stress out over. For clients/providers this might be a change of pace. The point of the ETIAS is to strengthen the countries borders but also digitally track the movements of tourist. For clients I don't see this being much of a problem since we don't specifically travel to other countries to see providers as a main objective, there's always some kind of work involved.

Providers on the other hand may have a hard time traveling. With them giving information during the ETIAS process it's easy enough to put you're there on vacation, though how long that will continue working no one can say. The U.S. is already strengthening it's border making it hard for even actresses to get into the country to work.

I don see ETIAS being a big problem for the hobby at all. I do see it making European visits fewer as time goes along. For more information on ETIAS see the link below.

ETIAS Information

ETIAS - European Travel Information and Authorisation System

Back