Eros ad for Mellanie Monroe: Scammed of $13,000

dfr345

Beware guys, I just got scammed to the tune of $13,000 by responding to an Eros ad for Mellanie Monroe. Here’s the details:
I was browsing Eros and saw a Verified Eros ad for Mellanie Monroe that offered her services. For reference the email is [email protected]. After sending an email I got an auto reply listing the rates and deposits for each duration of booking. The email says that the rate for 8 hours is $8,000 with a deposit of $2,000. Keep this deposit issue in mind as you read further. 
Shortly after got a text from a Textapp number that asked me what duration I was interested in. I said I was interested in an overnight booking with a PSE in the end of March, and asked for the total gratuity for the same. Instead of telling me what the total gratuity would be, the person told me to send a deposit first, and insisted on me buying large amounts of crypto to pay for the deposit. (“BUY as much as you can send sweety”)
I told them it would take time for me to release my crypto funds after buying BTC. Then they asked me to send funds through Google Pay in the time being. I thought that they were being very pushy, but sent them $5,500 in a deposit on Google Pay that night, as I wanted to confirm my booking date. 
When I sent the deposit on Google Pay, they informed me that the remainder for the overnight would be $12,500 in cash upon meeting, and that I would have to send them more funds separately for premium airline tickets and additional funds for a two night hotel stay in Vegas (they specifically mentioned the Waldorf). They also mentioned that I would have to get tested.
I agreed to all of this and mentioned that we would be sharing a penthouse suite at the WA and I would cover the stay and meals, as well as the flight tickets and transportation. This brings the gratuity for the overnight to a total of $18,000 plus additional funds for air tickets and two hotel rooms. I was Absolutely shocked that it was more than double the rate listed in the email, but I decided not to complain too much. 
This is where things got even more interesting. The person then tried to get me to book a longer period, saying that an overnight wasn’t long enough, and that 48 hours would be better. I wasn’t interested in the end and asked to stick to the original overnight. Then they asked me to send an additional deposit towards the overnight using crypto, as they didn’t want “to travel with too much cash” and that they were meeting me at 6 PM and they didn’t “want to leave at 2 AM, as after dinner and drinks we would only have until 2 before the clock runs out” and asked for an additional $5,000 deposit. So the overnight ends at 2 AM now?! Just astonishing. 
I didn’t want to cause a scene so I sent them another $8,000 in crypto. This would mean that I only had $4,500 left to settle in cash, plus funds for airfare and an additional room. 
The shocker: Then they send me a text saying that the total remainder is $20,000 in cash upon meeting! I think it’s a typo so I ask to clarify. They say that the “new” total for the overnight is $35,000, not including hotel and airfare which I will pay separately. I still think it’s a joke and tell them that I’ve already sent them a deposit of $13,000 towards the overnight and that we’d agreed on a total of $17,500.
They deny this, and proceed to state that the deposit is separate and doesn’t count towards the gratuity for the overnight, it is simply “a deposit” fee that one has to pay in addition to the gratuity(!!!) just to reserve a date, and they also informed me that of the $13,000 deposit I sent them, only $8,000 was usable due to “crypto fees” so I would have to send additional funds for the deposit as well, plus bring $20,000 with me, in cash, for the overnight. None of this is mentioned in the email btw. 
I am shocked and disgusted at being swindled, and when I ask to cancel the appointment (my schedule has changed, there’s three months till the appointment, plus there is no way I am spending more than $40,000 on 8 hours) they accuse me of being pushy and proceed to blackmail me saying that they will “send my email and particulars to the appropriate people” if I “send them another text for any reason”. They also said there will be no refunds “as this is not a Macys” (I asked for a 75% refund of the deposit, seeing as the appointment was canceled with a 3 month notice) So the money is gone folks. 
Keep in mind, I’ve been very civil throughout the whole process, even while asking for a refund, but they have been nothing but rude and pushy and disrespectful and even blackmailed me and were very rude to me throughout. Then I read a thread on EA saying that Mellanie tweeted saying that all of her ads are scams, and I realize I may have been dealing with a scammer. I ask for a picture of Mellanie holding a piece of paper with the days date on it, and receive one in the email after much back and forth wherein she calls me super annoying and weird and expecting too much (even though I never verified her identity before this, and even though I’ve sent her a huge deposit already.) The picture seems legit but is blurry. 
I also ask her to like a comment on her official Instagram and while it takes a while to do it, eventually I see a like on the comment. So I don’t know what to make of this, is there an intermediary agent that is scamming me, or is it someone hacking Mellanie’s accounts including her IG and photoshopping her picture with the date, or is it Mellanie herself running this scheme? I also have screenshots of everything. I was ruthlessly scammed and am just demoralized that I learned my lesson the hard way. Please beware guys. 

Back