king-sama4u2nv

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I saw these pictures and was in some real disbelief. Not because of the pictures in the text, but because scammers are still pulling the same old dumbass scam.

If you've been in the hobby long enough, then you know this scam. You reach out to one or more providers in a city through text or email, and soon after, you're texted with this obvious copy-and-paste threat along with a photo to your phone. The gist of the threat is: send us money, or we're going to do to you what you see in the photo.

It's always the same thing. They say, 'We have your number' or 'We know where you live.' My favorite: 'We work for the Cartel.' It's always the same thing, and it seems they're still doing this.

I know a couple of clients who've been fooled by this. It's not really their fault; when you're new and navigating this hobby, certain things are going to scare you enough to comply with anyone. But I'm here to tell you this isn't real. These scammers are just trying to find a certain newbie client who'll do anything to either not have his information leaked or avoid a fake threat.

This has happened to me at least twice, and nothing has come of it. Look for the signs when sent this text. The misspelled words, telling you they're most likely not in your country and can't speak or write English. The photo is something they, for sure, found searching through Google or some other search engine because no real killer is going to take a picture of their crime. Just take a deep breath and analyze the text before jumping to conclusions.

GFhgVlMWYAAd_vz.jpg